Saturday, December 13, 2008

Magic

How many of you think this time of year is out of control? Every December it is the same hustle and bustle, the crowds, the shopping, the money, the brain burning of trying to think of that perfect gift. Have you ever thought what it would be like without it? I remember as a child how magical it all seemed, even after i understood what it was about. As grown ups, do we lose the magic of the season? I can honestly say there have been years i wondered where the magic has gone. Lately, i realized, it is what you believe it is. For me, I decided i wanted the magic back. Sure there are things that happen that derail the excitement of the season, but i put it back on track as quickly as i can.
What was the magic that first Christmas night? It was the birth of a baby, in a humble and quiet cattle stall. It was a star, and it was angels. It was the Christ child, the savior of the world. It was Heavenly Father's gift to you and to me. So many times i feel like i fall short of such a wonderful gift, but i have to remind myself it is a gift of uncondional love, and it is up to me to decide what i do with it.
I am the type of person who enjoys the quiet and the reverence of the season. I am sure for some it is the busy part that makes their magic. My Christmas wish to all would be, that whatever makes the magic for you, that you find it and keep it all year through.